Are you passionate about Engineering?
Is your next career opportunity in Accounting and Business?
We are currently in search of an Accounting and Business Manager for an Engineering Foundation Nonprofit. The position is based in Chicago, IL This is a Permanent, Full–Time assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Community
LOCATION: Chicago, Illinois
POSITION TITLE: Accounting and Business Manager
DURATION: Full Time
SALARY: $65,000-$85,000/annually, with full benefits
Is This Your Dream Job? Overview:
- perform all day-to-day accounting responsibilities for NCSEA, NCSEA Media and the NCSEA Foundation;
- partner with the lead staff members responsible for education, member services, events, sales, business development, committee services, communications, marketing, and administration and assist in the execution of the initiatives and goals of those areas of the business.
These two functions include responsibilities such as:
- Maintaining all accounting functions, including:
- Enter all financial transactions
- Manage accounts receivable and accounts payable
- Reconcile bank statements
- Prepare financial reports
- Liaison with outsourced payroll and HR (PEO)
- Assist in hosting and logistics for webinars and web events.
- Assist in logistics and execution of in-person conferences and events.
- Provide corporate and individual membership support.
- Provide support to NCSEA’s committees.
- Provide support to NCSEA’s state organizations.
- Respond to requests to customer service.
- Manage and maintain NCSEA’s database.
The role will operate remotely.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Minimum of 5-years accounting experience in a non-profit
- Accounting degree preferred, CPA is a plus
- Experience working in all areas of an association (education, events, membership, etc.)
- Experience working with association management software, learning management software, content management systems, Office 365, Zoom, Quickbooks or other accounting software, etc.
- Strong communications skills and a personal drive to succeed
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Careers In Nonprofits is an equal opportunity employer. Empowered by the #ILoveMyJob mission, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment within the nonprofit sector.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.