Do you enjoy supporting social justice organizations? Do you have nonprofit accounting management experience? Are looking for an organization that values leadership, empowerment and equity in the community?
We are currently in search of an Accounting Manager for a Social Justice Organization. The position is based in Oakland, CA. This is a Permanent, Full-Time role.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Social Justice Organization
LOCATION: Oakland, CA
POSITION TITLE: Accounting Manager
DURATION: Permanent, Full-Time
Salary: $78k – $85k DOE
Is This Your Dream Job? Our client seeks an Accounting Manager to oversee the growing Accounting department. The Accounting Manager plays a leadership role in the accounting and administrative functions. This position performs and oversees critical accounting activities according to GAAP including compiling, analyzing, and reporting accounting data, leading the annual audit and information requirement for tax filings. Generous benefits package health, dental, vision, 401(k), Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability. Including December holiday office closure at full pay.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 3 Years of Accounting Management experience, preferably within a nonprofit organization
- BA in Accounting or similar field
- QuickBooks, MS Office, experience using accounting software, tech savvy
- Grant Accounting experience a Plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work respectfully with a diverse group of people
- Strong working knowledge of fund accounting and auditing procedures, preferably within a nonprofit organization
- Must be passionate about racial, economic and social justice
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Provides oversight to accounts payable and accounts receivable functions, and past due account management.
- Supervising, mentoring, and ensuring ongoing professional development for finance staff
- Prepares Journal entries required for-end-of the month, including accruals and adjustments.
- Manages the organization’s annual audit process to ensure compliance with all FASBI, GAAP, and 990 rules for nonprofits
- With the Finance Director, reviews and explains operational budget variances (actuals vs budget variances) makes recommendations for adjustments.
- Maintains all organizational filing, permits, Business Property Statements, 501(c)(3) status, etc.
- Tracks grants expenditures and staff allocations for key programs.
- Additional duties as assigned
We’d love to hear from you.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.