Would you consider yourself an accounts payable pro?
Do you have at least 2 years’ experience in the field of accounting/finance?
Are you looking for a position that will help grow your skill set?
We are currently in search of an Accounting Specialist for a Religious Health Organization. This is a hybrid role based in Harvey, IL. This is a full-time, temporary to permanent assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Religious Health Organization
LOCATION: Harvey, IL
POSITION TITLE: Accounting Specialist
DURATION: Temporary to Permanent
SCHEDULE: 40 hours/week
HOURLY PAY: $21.00 – $22.00/hour
SALARY: $45,000 – $50,000
Is This Your Dream Job? The Accounting Specialist is responsible for the maintenance and processing of all Accounts Payable invoices and records, as well as the preparation, processing and administration of the organizations payroll functions. The Accounting Specialist will assist the Accounting Manager with data entry of deposits, cash receipts, cash disbursements and journal entries. The Accounting Specialist prepares Accounts Payables, Grant Expenditure, Cash Receipts, and Cash Disbursement schedules and reports. This is hybrid role where you will work in office 3 days, and remote the others. Strict COVID-19 practices are in place, looking to get someone started ASAP!
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Associates degree in Accounting required, Bachelor’s Degree a plus
- 2+ years of Accounting experience, preferably in a non-profit or healthcare environment
- Experience with Accounting Software, Fund EZ and Blackbaud a plus
- Intermediate Excel skills (Pivot tables, macros, and v-lookups) preferred
- Excellent computer skills and ability to operate printers and copiers
- Demonstrates knowledge of claims processing for various insurances both private and governed
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with diverse populations
- Ability to carry out assignments independently, work from procedures, and exercise good judgment
- Demonstrates the ability to maintain the confidentiality of all records
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Prepare all vendor invoices and related A/P reporting, following the organizations procedures
- Ensure that proper coding and approvals of invoices are done prior to payment
- Input and post approved invoices into Accounting system
- Properly coding A/P invoices by dept, site, program, grant, etc.
- Maintain accuracy of vendor files in the Accounting system
- Address vendor inquiries regarding invoices and payments
- Maintain files with copies of purchase orders and receiving reports for invoice matching
- Enter credit memos/debit memos/voided checks into Accounting system as required
- Monitor procedural controls for petty cash fund for reimbursement of minor expenditures
- Make deposits to the bank and cash petty cash checks, prepare all manual checks
- Prepare check run and arrange mailing of checks to vendors and ACH payments
- Assist with purchasing of supplies, equipment and services
- Prepare semi-monthly payroll for 1099 consultants
- Record journal entries for month-end processing
- Maintains the monthly expenditures for grants and programs
- Assist with pulling documents for audits, reviews, vouchering and reports
- Distribute the following A/P reports, according to schedule:
- Aged AP report
- Vendor Trial Balance Report
- Check Register
- Assist in preparation of annual budget, reports for Grantee and Governmental agencies
- Attend Department/Organization-wide meetings as required
- Meet monthly and annual reporting deadlines
- Other duties as assigned
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Accounting Specialist” in the subject line.