Are you a detailed-oriented Accounting professional? Are you interested in working for a social service organization?
We are currently in search of a Accounts Payable Specialist for a Social Service Organization. The position is based in San Francisco, CA. This is a permanent, full-time role.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Social Service Organization
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
POSITION TITLE: Staff Accountant
SALARY: $26.45/hr – $28.00/hr (~$55K – $58K)
Is This Your Dream Job? Reporting to the Assistant Controller, the Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for processing a high volume of invoices and will be able to hit the ground running to process payment requests on behalf of all employees of the organization. Possessing a high level of accuracy, you will serve as a strong contributor to the Accounting team and be able to serve as a financial resource to all internal and external stakeholders. This is an ideal position for an organized and growing professional who is looking to strengthen their accounting skills in an established nonprofit organization.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 2+ years of accounting experience, either in a nonprofit or for-profit setting
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Experience with Intacct and/or Financial Edge, necessary
- Passionate about serving disenfranchised communities
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite and comfortable working in a database
- Possess a high-level of discretion and positive outlook
- Comfortable working independently and collaboratively in an office environment, with strong verbal and written communication skills
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Oversee all Accounts Payable transactions, from expense records, vendor invoices, year-end processing and weekly check runs
- Maintain an organized accounting ledger and verify posted transactions
- Utilize an expert level of detail and consistently educate new employees on payment processing protocols and systems
- Track office inventory and distribute expenses to the respective department; ensure all entries are recorded in a timely fashion
- Offer guidance and support to colleagues with all departments of the organization, specifically Development and Programs
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Accounts Payable Specialist” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.