Are you passionate about nonprofits that support social service causes in the Bay Area? Do you have experience in accounting and finance?
We are currently in search of an Accounts Payable Specialist for a Social Services Organization. The position is based in Oakland, CA. This is a Temp assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Social Services Organization
LOCATION: Oakland, CA
POSITION TITLE: Accounts Payable Specialist
DURATION: 3-6 months
HOURS: Part-Time, Flexible
Is This Your Dream Job? As the Accounting Assistant, you will handle the monthly bills and ensure payment is processed in a timely manner. You will manage expense reimbursements and ensure that employees receive reimbursements as needed. You will oversee bank reconciliations. You will assist with monthly journal closes and reconciliations.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 2+ years of experience in a Finance and Accounting role
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Adept in all Microsoft Office Suite Programs (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
- Working proficiency in QuickBooks or similar accounting software preferred
- Pays impeccable attention to detail and is extremely organized
- Possesses a friendly and approachable demeaner, positive attitude, and genuine interest in interacting with staff, Board, and donors
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Entering data in accounting software, supporting the finance department to ensure all donations and accounts payable and receivable are up-to-date and accurate
- Handling bookkeeping tasks and assisting with audits
- Assisting with payroll processing for the internal team
- Completing expense reports for the internal team
- Monthly journal closes, including cash receipts and disbursements
- Administrative Tasks such as phone calls and filing projects
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
We’d love to hear from you.