Are you well versed in supporting causes that leave a positive impact on the community? Are you experienced in organizing events and activities?
We are currently in search of an Activities Coordinator for a Social Services Organization. The position is based in Oakland, CA. This is a Temp to Perm assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Social Services Organization
LOCATION: Oakland, CA
POSITION TITLE: Activities Coordinator
DURATION: Temp to Perm
HOURS: 9:00 AM-5:00 PM
HOURLY RATE: $16-$18/hr
Is This Your Dream Job? As the Activities Coordinator, you will plan activities and events for the senior community who this organization supports. You will act as a liaison to committee members in arranging outing and community involvement. You will recruit members to the volunteer program and help build a newsletter!
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Build and manage programs and events
- Hire entertainment, manage vendors and draft invoices and contracts
- Working with other departments and outside agencies to build the best possible program for clients
- Participate in the development of an internal volunteer program
You Are Encouraged to Apply If:
- 2-5 years of programmatic or events experience
- AA Preferred
- High energy personality with a diligence to complete work efficiently
- Strong organization skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Microsoft Suite proficiency
- Compassionate and sensitive to cultural variances
- Cantonese/Mandarin Preferred
We’d love to hear from you.
We’re a full-service staffing firm that works exclusively with nonprofit organizations. From our three offices in San Francisco, Chicago, and Washington, D.C., we empower our clients to achieve their missions by matching them with top-notch professionals — from temporary workers to C-Level executives, and everything in between.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Activities Coordinator” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.