Are you a detail oriented administrative assistant who also possesses strong communication skills? Do you have experience in education? Are you great at juggling multiple tasks and priorities?
We are currently in search of an Administrative Assistant for an Educational Institution. The position is based in Hillsborough, CA. This is a temporary assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Educational Institution
LOCATION: Hillsborough, CA
POSITION TITLE: Administrative Assistant
SALARY: $12.83 – $16.50/hour
HOURS: 8:00am – 4:00pm (M-F)
DURATION: Minimum of 1-2 months
Is This Your Dream Job? As the Administrative Assistant reporting to the School Head and Athletic Director, you will be responsible for providing excellent administrative and operations support that enhances a quality learning environment. In addition to administrative duties, you will be the public face of the institution by checking in visitors, notifying the relevant staff when workmen arrive, interacting with faculty, and contacting parents on behalf of students who may feel ill.
- Free Lunch
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 2+ years of administrative support experience
- Background in education helpful
- Interest in sports helpful
- Strong communications skills, especially when interacting with students and parents
- High proficiency at Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent time management skills
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Maintain detailed daily attendance records and post daily attendance
- Update and maintain Absence Request Forms and Extended Absence Request Forms
- Trouble shoot transportation issues daily
- Post morning announcements
- Keep Office orderly and stocked with supplies
- Notify Director of Facilities when workmen arrive
- Open Classrooms for teachers that are running late (study hall/re-located classes)
- Check-in visitors
- Manage Room reservations
- Track tardy students
- Attend to ill students and call parents
- Post seasonal sport schedules/roster
- Manage weekly sport calendar with dismissal times
- Email coaches (daily) to ensure scores are reported to the league/website
- Confirm officials when needed
- Maintain van keys and van reservations
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Administrative Assistant” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.