Are you passionate about ending sexual violence?
We are currently in search of an Administrative Assistant for a national partnership dedicated to ending sexual violence. The position is based in Washington, DC. This is a part time, temporary assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Violence Prevention Organization
LOCATION: Washington, DC; Remote until Further Notice
POSITION TITLE: Administrative Assistant
DURATION: Temporary, 9 months+
SCHEDULE: 20 hours/week
HOURLY PAY: $17.00 – 19.00/hour
Is This Your Dream Job? The administrative assistant will report to the Executive Director and will manage day-to-day administrative needs and help streamline operations of a growing organization.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Will have excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Experience with WordPress & Microsoft Office Suite
- Basic understanding of clerical procedures and systems such as recordkeeping and filing
- Ability to handle sensitive topics, including discussions of gender-based violence, sexual assault, and domestic abuse. Previous work in a similar setting is a plus
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Monitoring general email accounts and redirecting mail to appropriate staff
- Monitoring donations and memberships
- Assisting Communications team in website management
- Taking and distributing meeting minutes and action items
- Responding to and resolving administrative inquiries
- Coordinating travel, meetings, and schedules for managers
- Preparing meeting agendas and schedules
- Performing other general administrative tasks
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Temporary Administrative Assistant” in the subject line.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.