Are you a mission driven professional with a passion for fundraising?
Do you have a background working with Raiser’s Edge?
Are you interested in a full-time position located in the loop?
We are currently in search of an Annual Giving Coordinator for a Social Services Organization. The role is a in-person position based in Chicago, IL. This is a full-time, temporary to permanent assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Social Services Organization
LOCATION: Chicago, IL
POSITION TITLE: Annual Giving Coordinator
DURATION: Temporary to Permanent
SCHEDULE: 35+ hours/week
HOURLY PAY: $20.00 – $22.00/hour
SALARY: $40,000 – $45,000/year
Is This Your Dream Job? The Annual Giving Coordinator works closely with the Director of Development to coordinate the annual giving program, and provides administrative, fundraising, and database support to the Development department. This is an in-person role where strict COVID-19 guidelines are enforced.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor Degree required
- 3+ years’ experience in fundraising office, working in administrative or database support
- 1+ years’ experience working with Raiser’s Edge database required
- Prior experience working with Microsoft Office Suite
- Tech-savvy, with a keen interest in data, fundraising, nonprofit management, and donor relations
- Strong interpersonal skills, strategic mindset, and a warm and outgoing personality
- Ability to listen carefully to and understand constituents’ needs, both internally and externally,and proactively respond to those needs in a consistent and timely manner
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential material with integrity
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Provides administrative and clerical support to Development team, heavy emphasis on data entry/manipulation, with additional responsibilities in communications
- Produce daily batches/reports to submit fundraising revenue to Finance Dept
- Assist in the development of acknowledgement letters including writing, formatting, and processing
- Assists with the preparation of solicitation kits, meeting agenda materials, conference calls, logistical arrangements and minutes for committee meetings
- Assist with maintaining databases of donor records including contact information, actions, notes, and calendar items to track Development’s work
- Organizes and maintains department files
- Assist with research of donors and prospects
- Document and keep up-to-date all processes and procedures for Development team’s reference
- Develop, in conjunction with the Director of Development, the Annual Giving Solicitation plan each year; report on the progress of that plan
- Coordinates all elements of the annual giving program including pulling mailing lists, drafting solicitation letters, monitoring online giving process, email solicitations, coordinates recurring giving club, and analyzing data and segments
- Work with vendors as appropriate for direct mailing, online giving, online events, etc.
- Produce letters and envelopes for mass mailings including solicitations and event mailing lists
- Produce electronic mailing lists using queries in Raiser’s Edge and email solicitations using Blackbaud’s Online Express email tool
- Work with Development teams to track events, guests, donations, ticket sales, in-kind donors, etc., in addition to ensure proper acknowledgments are sent
- Make donor calls and solicit gifts for annual giving, holiday giving, special events, and special projects
- Assist with special projects including graduation party, school supply drive, holiday giving program, and corporate partner events
- Perform other duties as assigned
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Annual Giving Coordinator” in the subject line.