Are you passionate about mental health awareness?
Do you have experience in peer-to-peer fundraising?
We are currently in search of an Area Director for a Mental Health Foundation. The position is based in Sacramento, California. This is a Permanent, Full-Time assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Mental Health Foundation
LOCATION: Must be based in the Sacramento or Valley area (100% work from home)
POSITION TITLE: Area Director
DURATION: Full Time, flexible schedule
SALARY: $70,000 – $75,000 annual salary with great benefits
Is This Your Dream Job? Overview: Reporting to the Senior Director, this role is responsible for fundraising for the 2 chapters in Sacramento and Central Valley through peer-to-peer fundraising, events, and walks. The candidate will also implement and lead approved programs and will oversee volunteer recruitment, management and training. Our ideal candidate has experience working in the nonprofit sector and is passionate about mental health issues and suicide prevention. The candidate will be highly organized, flexible, and excited to take ownership over all aspects of the role and be a part of an impactful team.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 3+ years of nonprofit peer-to-peer fundraising experience, specifically coordinating walks
- A background in the mental health/health space is a big bonus
- Strong experience in volunteer recruitment and management
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Passionate about mental health and suicide prevention
- Highly organized, adaptable, excellent communicator
- Excels at working from home and working independently
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Oversee the 2 chapters, traveling as needed when safe to do so
- Implement fundraising and program initiatives for the designated area, such as walks, educational programs, and awareness initiatives
- Develop and support the Boards
- Oversee volunteer management, including recruiting, training, and inspiring
- Manage the fiscal duties, including relationships with vendors, expense management, etc.
- Other duties as assigned by Director
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Area Director, Sacramento & CV” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.