Are you a foundation grants professional with 2+ years of experience?
Do you have experience in a university setting or in healthcare/medical fundraising?
Have you thrived in a fast-paced, complex work environment?
We are currently in search of an Assistant Director of Foundation Relations for a Higher Education Institution. The position is based in Chicago, IL. This is a permanent, full-time assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Higher Education Institution
LOCATION: Chicago, IL
POSITION TITLE: Assistant Director of Foundation Relations
SALARY: $50,000 – 60,000
Is This Your Dream Job?
The Assistant Director of Foundation Relations is responsible for raising $1M – $3M annually to advance the fundraising priorities as established by the Leadership Team of the organization. This role is responsible for sustaining and building relationships with and support from foundations. S/he will manage a portfolio of 50+ philanthropic and corporate foundation prospects. They will design and implement fundraising initiatives including identification, qualification, cultivation, and solicitation strategies for foundations with the capacity to make grants in the $25K to $1M range. This role will write and/or manage the writing of proposals for the prospects in their portfolio and frequently compose correspondence on behalf of others. The Assistant Director of Foundation Relations will report to the Director of Foundation Relations.
Our client is a well–organized, prestigious university in the Chicagoland area. It is heavily metrics driven with a wide range of groundbreaking research and academic programs.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 2+ years development experience securing foundation and corporate grants required
- Experience with basic fundraising research techniques and resources required
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Professional experience in a university setting or similarly complex institution, healthcare fundraising, or education/training in a medical field preferred
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Expert ability to manage multiple priorities with minimal direction
- Able to travel locally and nationally as needed
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Personally manage a portfolio of 50+ foundations capable of giving in the $25K – $1M range
- Collaborate across departments and build relationships with faculty, volunteers, and staff to identify and qualify prospects
- Build a methodology for continual tracking and identification of foundation funding opportunities
- Coordinate and participate in cultivation and stewardship events
- Create and implement solicitation strategies, including writing and presenting proposals as well as managing the submission of proposals written by faculty
- Work with team members to coordinate and ensure timely acknowledgement of foundation grants
- Prepare sophisticated and strategic correspondence for the Dean and others involved in cultivation/solicitation
- Coordinate and execute stewardship efforts, including the preparation of stewardship and financial reports
- Additional duties as assigned by the Director of Foundation Relations
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Asst. Director, Foundation Relations” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.