Do you have 5-7 years of international development and fundraising experience?
Are you fluent in Spanish or Portuguese?
Have you worked with USAID?
We are currently in search of an Associate Director, New Business Development for an International Development Organization. The position is based in Washington, DC. This is a full-time, permanent position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: International Development
LOCATION: Washington, DC
POSITION TITLE: Associate Director, New Business Development
DURATION: Full-Time, Permanent
Is This Your Dream Job?
The Associate Director, New Business Development will provide support to the Strategic Alliances and Communications team in implementing outreach strategy, leading new business opportunities, and responding to solicitations and requests for proposals from the U.S. government, corporate foundations, and other funding sources. This person will report to the Sr. Director, Strategic Alliances and Communications, and work closely with junior level, mid-level, and senior staff to pursue funding opportunities at all stages of the new business development process.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 5-7 years of development/fundraising experience
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s preferred
- Able to lead all stages of the proposal process including pre-positioning, technical writing, budget development, compliance, and managing consultants while adhering to tight deadlines
- Makes sound decisions based on precedent and procedure, multi-tasks well, manages program teams focused on multiple priorities, able to identify and solve problems effectively, and have excellent writing and presentation skills
- Experienced in coordinating proposal development processes with public donors including USAID, U.S. Department of State, USDOL, U.S. Department of Agriculture, and preferably with private donors, including foundations and/or other donors
- Fluent in Spanish and/or Portuguese
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Provide leadership and collaborate closely with other program units regarding donor cultivation and proposal development per the units’ priorities and initiatives, particularly USG funding opportunities
- Lead strategies, technical proposal design, and proposal development processes
- Lead and/or support writing and editing technical documents for new opportunities including proposals, capability statements, and other documents
- Lead and/or support preparation of budgets and accompanying narratives
- Provide oversight to ensure proposals comply with donor requirements
- Gather intelligence for upcoming opportunities, including travel, to gather information, and research
- Identify and communicate Partners’ impact and value by producing high-quality proposals, contributing to website content development, and working with program/administrative staff to create/update supporting materials for proposals and outreach
- Recruit new business consultants and drafting agreements
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Associate Director, New Business Development” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not the right fit for you?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
** Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.