We are currently in search of an Associate Director of Philanthropy for an Environmental Organization. The position will work in the Silicon Valley area while using the organization’s office in San Francisco as a hub.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Environmental Organization
LOCATION: Silicon Valley, CA
POSITION TITLE: Associate Director of Philanthropy
Is This Your Dream Job? As a critical member of the Philanthropy team, the Associate Director of Philanthropy is responsible for identifying and soliciting new and current major donors primarily in Silicon Valley and Monterey region. You are excited to take the lead in creating a stronger presence for the organization among donors in this region. As a proactive and energetic fundraiser with an entrepreneurial spirit, you are skilled in developing strategies around donor solicitations and engagement. You have a demonstrated track record of securing 6- and 7-figure gifts from major donors. As the Associate Director of Philanthropy, you embrace the environmental mission of the organization and serve as a consistent resource to all philanthropic stakeholders.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 5+ years of development and major gift fundraising experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Experience building and managing a pipeline of 75-100 donors, while successful securing 6-7-figure gifts
- Knowledgeable of the Silicon Valley philanthropic community; strategic data-minded thinker with an ability to consistently set and meet fundraising goals
- Comfortable working in an online CRM database system
- Possess a high-level of discretion and positive outlook
- Skilled in relating to donors at all levels, including volunteer supporters and external stakeholders
- Outgoing, mission-driven personality with a passion for environmental research and conservation
- Access to a vehicle; travelling locally required
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Build pipeline of individual donors in the Silicon Valley region by actively strategizing around donor qualification, solicitations, and stewardship
- Consistently maintain a portfolio of 75-100 active major gift donors and prospects, checking in frequently and attending regular in-person visits
- Perform direct asks and close major gifts of $100K and above to grow the organization’s program and activities
- Serve as a lead educator to colleagues on philanthropic market trends in Silicon Valley and train team members on key strategy concepts
- Work with leadership team to grow and sustain volunteer supporter base by identifying and recruiting national board and regional advisory board members
- Maintain relationships with volunteer supporters and provide guidance for potential peer-fundraising activities
- Manage key relationships between Philanthropy and Programs by creating and maintaining successful inter-departmental partnerships, articulating program goals and impact, and identifying gift and campaign opportunities
- Identify potential planned giving donors and partner with Planned Giving team to develop a cultivation and engagement strategy, as needed
We’d love to hear from you.
We’re a full-service staffing firm that works exclusively with nonprofit organizations. From our three offices in San Francisco, Chicago, and Washington, D.C., we empower our clients to achieve their missions by matching them with top-notch professionals — from temporary workers to C-Level executives, and everything in between.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Associate Director of Philanthropy” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.