Are you passionate about equitable access to education and serving the youth of your community? Have you worked in education, customer service, or other positions that require attention to detail? Do you have great written and verbal skills? Do you speak Spanish fluently?
We are currently in search of a Bilingual Community Engagement Coordinator for an Educational Organization. The position is based in San Francisco, CA. This is a temp assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Educational Organization
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
POSITION TITLE: Bilingual Community Engagement Coordinator
HOURS: 20 hours/week; flexible schedule
DURATION: Temp (End date: January 1)
Is This Your Dream Job? As a Bilingual Community Engagement Coordinator, you will be responsible for community outreach, and working very closely with students and familiar. This includes building relationships, recruiting, and supporting students and families through the registration process. You will also be responsible for translating conversations and documents from English to Spanish.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- High-school diploma
- Is able to speak, read, and write in Spanish fluently
- Trustworthy, engaging, and detail oriented
- A self-starter and team player
- Interest in education and non-profit work
- Comfortable with navigating throughout school district (Mission, Bayview, Visitation Valley neighborhoods)
- Has a personal laptop to bring to work
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Attending recruiting events
- Meeting with parents and students in their homes to assist with registration process
- Conducting warm-calls to prospective students and families
- Educating the community on components on academic program
- Identifying and implementing effective recruitment strategies
- Translating documents from English to Spanish
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Bilingual Community Engagement Coordinator” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.