Are you bilingual in English and Spanish and have experience securing gifts of $10K+ and soliciting gifts of $25K+? Are you interested in working with a culturally-diverse team at an International Environmental Organization?
We are currently in search of a Bilingual Major Gifts Officer for an International Environmental Organization. This is a remote position involving eventual international travel once deemed safe. Candidates in the South and the East Coast of the U.S. are a plus based on location.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: International Environmental Organization
LOCATION: Remote position involving eventual international travel once deemed safe
POSITION TITLE: Bilingual Major Gifts Officer
Is This Your Dream Job? Under the direction of the Regional Executive Director, this Bilingual Major Gifts Officer will be responsible for creating a Major Gifts program. This is an ideal role for an ambitious and entrepreneurial person who has experience meeting and achieving fundraising goals and working with high-net-worth individuals. The ideal candidate will be excited to work off a list of potential donors who have ties to the mission and will work on building relationships in the first year, creating a strategy for moves management and with a plan to raise funds in the second year and build from there.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bilingual in English and Spanish Required (spoken and written)
- Excellent writing skills with ability to write compelling reports and proposals
- 3-5+ years of Major Giving/Development experience with documented record of achievement in meeting and exceeding revenue goals
- Experience securing gifts of $10K+ and soliciting gifts of $25K+
- Demonstrated ability to build and grow relationships with individual and/or institutional donors and strategize moves management program
- Demonstrated excellence in organizing a number of projects, with strengths in building more structure and strategy around a donor base
- Demonstrated ability to gain buy-in from both senior leadership, board and support staff, ability to be assertive when needed
- Ability to work remotely with a multi-cultural and international team with flexibility, adaptability, curiosity and diplomacy in mind
- Proficient and flexible in technology – experience with MS Office required, Salesforce a plus
- Ability to travel frequently on short notice under non-pandemic travel restrictions, eventually about 25% of the time with flexibility in hours as needed
- Positive attitude and entrepreneurial mindset with ability to problem solve, remain calm under pressure, and creatively pivot when needed
- Commitment to organization’s mission and values
- Bachelor’s degree a plus, or commensurate experience
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Build a portfolio of private donors and create infrastructure and a moves management plan, working with leads and existing connections for mission being carried out in international region with a donor base primarily in the US
- Solicit gifts and successfully bring in revenue by the second year moving forward
- Collaborate with Executive Director on strategy and goals
- Engage with high-capacity donor prospects through effective strategies, solicitations and volunteer engagement, including events and trips
- Work closely with staff cross-functionally to in developing communications, messaging and marketing strategies and providing guidance on funding proposals and materials
- Write and submit proposals with an understanding of related budgets
- Ensure compliance with organizational policies and procedures and external donor and legal requirements
- Works to promote a culture of philanthropy within the organization, staying up to date on current trends in charitable giving in the areas of capital campaigns, major gifts and planned gifts
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Bilingual Major Gifts Officer” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.