Are you passionate about working in a school environment and collaborating with a dynamic team?
Do you have 3+ years of billing/accounting experience?
We are currently in search of a Billing Coordinator for an Independent School. The position is based in Bethesda, MD. This is a Permanent, Full-Time assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Independent School
LOCATION: Bethesda, MD (not metro accessible)
POSITION TITLE: Billing Coordinator
DURATION: Full Time, permanent
SALARY: $50,000 – $60,000/annually (with an attractive benefits package)
Is This Your Dream Job? Reporting to the Controller, this role will be responsible for maintaining charges and payments and preparing monthly reports. Our ideal candidate will have a foundational account receivables and collections understanding, with excellent customer service skills and be tech savvy. The Billing Coordinator will work with other constituent groups to make sure the student billing is up to date. This person will also serve as the primary contact for families for all questions and concerns related to billing and payment policies and procedures. The Billing Coordinator is responsible for the billing process and will be able to work collaboratively with others and take the initiative on projects.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 3+years of account receivable/billing work experience, with a bachelor’s degree in accounting or a related field, or the equivalence of additional work experience
- Experience with online AP/AR operations, Smart Tuition online payment, Blackbaud accounting systems and excel preferred
- Experienced in Excel
- Excellent time-management and attention to detail, multi-tasking is essential
- The ability to calmly and professionally interact with families, colleagues and others
- Strong customer service and communications skills
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Process, verify, monitor and reconcile invoices
- Maintain student records including charges and payments
- Prepare monthly statements and reports
- Support Controller, Business Office and the School, with general office duties
- Collaborate across departments
- Assist with other accounting duties as needed
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.