Are you a finance professional comfortable with QuickBooks and Audit preparation?
We are currently in search of a Bookkeeper for a Trade Association. The position is based in Ballston, VA. This is a full-time, temporary assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Trade Association
LOCATION: Ballston, VA
POSITION TITLE: Bookkeeper
DURATION: Temporary, on – going
SCHEUDLE: Full Time
HOURLY PAY: $18.00 – $20.00/hour
Is This Your Dream Job? The Bookkeeper will perform accounting duties for this 501(c) 6 and its 501(c) 3 charitable Foundation. This role works closely with the VP of Operations, as well as the CEO. Prior association accounting experience highly preferred.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 3-5 years of bookkeeping experience
- Proficiency of Microsoft QuickBooks and Excel required
- 501(c)6 and 501(c)3 book keeping is required
- Knowledge of restricted and unrestricted donations is preferred
- Understanding of GAP and IRS guidelines
- Knowledge of electronic processes and willingness to learn interfacing with membership registration system
- Detail oriented with strong organization and analytical skill and ability to work independently and collaboratively with 10 other staff members
- Dedicated team player with strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Strong time management skills with ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Able to adapt and manage change, delays or unexpected events
- Exhibit sound and accurate judgement and include appropriate people in decision-making process
- React well under pressure and treat others with respect and consideration
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- AP/AR, month-end close out
- Monthly journal entries and general ledger account reconciliations
- Prepare monthly financial statements and dashboards
- Invoicing, refunds, acknowledgements, review AR aging for collection and works with vendors and members to resolve any questions or issues
- Assist Vice President of Operations with annual audits and in-office fieldwork (April 16/20)
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Bookkeeper” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.