Are you passionate about nonprofits that support social service causes in the Bay Area? Do you have experience in accounting and finance?
We are currently in search of a Bookkeeper for a Social Services Organization. The position is based in San Francisco, CA. This is a Temp assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Social Services Organization
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
POSITION TITLE: Bookkeeper
DURATION: 3-6 months
HOURLY RATE: $23-26/hour, dependent on experience
HOURS: 9:00 AM-5:00 PM
Is This Your Dream Job? As the Bookkeeper, you will support the Finance and Accounting team through administrative support, QuickBooks AP/AR, data entry and payroll. You will handle expense reimbursements and disbursements. You will assist with monthly journal closes and reconciliations, as well as end of year closes.
- Expertise in payroll and reimbursement processes
- 1+ years of experience in a Finance and Accounting role
- Exposure to nonprofit QuickBooks
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite Programs (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel) and Payroll systems
- Working knowledge in QuickBooks or similar accounting software preferred
- Strong attention to detail and extremely organized
- Excellent time management skills and open to training on new skills
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Entering data in accounting software, supporting the finance department to ensure all donations and accounts payable and receivable are up-to-date and accurate
- Handling bookkeeping tasks and assisting with audits
- Managing payroll processing for the internal team
- Completing expense reports for the internal team
- Monthly journal closes, including cash receipts and disbursements
- Administrative Tasks such as phone calls and filing projects
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Bookkeeper” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.