Do you have an interest in building safety and operations?
Are you detail oriented with a passion for creating policies and procedures?
We are currently in search of a Building Operations Assistant for a Scientific Association. The position is based in Washington DC. This is a full-time, temporary assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Scientific Association
LOCATION: Washington, DC (Dupont Circle)
POSITION TITLE: Building Operations Assistant
DURATION: Temporary (4-5 months)
SCHEDULE: 37.5 hours/week
HOURLY PAY: $19.00 – $23.00/hour
Is This Your Dream Job? This Building Operations Assistant will help the Building Manager create policies and procedures around staff trainings on building safety and operating procedures for a new building.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 3+ years of Office or Facility Management required
- Prior experience of building operations preferred
- Strong proficiency with Excel and other databases
- High attention to detail
- Enjoys research and putting together written policies and trainings
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Combing through previous trainings and conducting research to create new policies and procedures based on the specifications of the new building in relation to fire evacuation, active shooter and other safety trainings
- Coordinate a training for safety marshals on radio etiquette
- Coordinate staff trainings on fire evacuation, CPR, and active shooter situations
- Complete asset tagging for all items at the building and ensure all previously tagged items were done correctly
- Determine a new system for outgoing USPS mail and train staff
- Update the offsite storage retention database, send list of current items to all department heads for assessment about what should and should not remain in storage
- Set up shelving for storage units and place items in storage rooms on said shelving
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Have you heard of GROWTHtrack? Sign up today for this FREE professional development webinar designed for your professional progress at careersinnonprofits.com/growthtrack. Conducted weekly.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.