Are you a motivated people-oriented professional with an interest in career counseling? Do you have experience coaching underserved populations?
We are currently in search of a Career Coach for a Social Service Organization. The position is based in San Francisco, CA. This is a full-time, permanent role.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Social Service Organization
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
POSITION TITLE: Career Coach
SALARY: $55K – $60K
Is This Your Dream Job? As a Career Coach, you will serve as a professional mentor to clients around resume building, job coaching, and establishing a career trajectory. This individual will not only be a crucial member of the program staff to implement diverse professional development curriculum but will also be a knowledgeable resource to all staff members on the current job market and how to establish personal career goals. Reporting to the Director of Learning and Development, you will be passionate about serving individuals coming from low-income backgrounds and/or re-entering the workforce.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 2-5 years of teaching or mentoring experience, ideally in a social service setting
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Social Work, Education, or related field
- Skilled in utilizing databases and Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel
- Passionate about serving disenfranchised communities and stays current on issues effecting this population
- Superior written and verbal communication; comfortable public speaking to small and large groups
- Strong interest in social justice and experience working 1:1 with students and/or in large groups
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Collaborate with fellow program staff and colleagues on tracking participants’ progress and identifying gaps to goals
- Utilize various teaching pedagogies based on participants’ preference
- Meet individually and in groups with participants to identify strengths and map their short and long-term employment plans
- Host workshops and classes around resume and cover letter writing, interview training, and leadership skills
- Provide feedback on assignments and set consistent goals for your participants to meet and achieve; troubleshoot and reassess as necessary
- Maintain relationships with organizations and professional in the community to match job seekers with relevant career opportunities
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Career Coach” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.