Are you passionate about the care and welfare of children and families?
Can you prove your ability to lead and motivate others to accomplish their goals?
Do you have experience working children and families?
We are currently in search of a Children’s Community Services (CCS) Program Director for a Social Services Organization. The position is based in Peoria and Canton, IL. This is a full time, permanent position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Social Services Organization
LOCATION: Peoria and Canton, IL
POSITION TITLE: Children’s Community Services (CCS) Program Director
DURATION: Full-Time, Permanent
SALARY: $60,000 – $70,000
Is This Your Dream Job?
The CCS Program Director will report to the Associate Executive Director and will be responsible for the day-to-day operation of both sites (Peoria and Canton). The CCS Program Director directly supervises the Foster Care Supervisor, Office Manager, Secretary/File Clerk, Resources Supervisor, Counseling Supervisor, and Adoption Preservation Supervisor. The Organization seeks a creative and resourceful candidate with excellent leadership qualities, who works well with all types of people.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Master’s degree in social work or a related field required.
- Minimum of 5 years of supervisory experience required.
- Background check clearance, both criminal and CANTS required.
- State licensing/certification as required by the State of Illinois Department of Children and Family Services preferred.
- Valid Illinois driver’s license and proof of automobile liability insurance required.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in a clear, comprehensible manner, both verbally and in writing.
- Able to comprehend and follow instructions.
- Perform assigned, complex, and varied tasks.
- Able to relate to others and influence people.
- Demonstrate sensitivity and responsiveness to cultural differences present in both the service population and staff.
- Demonstrates strong leadership skills.
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Engages in strategic planning and goal setting for the programs and develops procedures and systems that enhance the effectiveness of the programs.
- Provides direct supervision, training, support, and evaluation for child welfare supervisors and other assigned staff.
- Develops, implements, and is accountable for the program budgets along with evaluation of program effectiveness as it relates to cost and objectives.
- Collaborates with other management staff in programs and network on programmatic, fiscal, organizational and community issues.
- Maintains staffing requirements and assigns responsibilities for coordination and organization of the program staff activities.
- Oversees the organization and maintenance of records as prescribed by law, funding sources, the agency and accrediting and/or licensing bodies.
- Promotes working relationships with community organizations, churches, funding bodies, and other providers.
- May be responsible for training, supervision, and evaluation of volunteers.
- May provide direct services or perform some of same duties as assigned staff.
- Commits to and participates in agency’s Quality Improvement Program.
We’d love to hear from you!
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “CCS Program Director” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers in Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
** Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.