Do you have at least 2 years’ experience in customer service or client intake?
Are you looking for a remote, long-term role that can go permanent?
We are currently in search of a Central Intake Specialist for a Social Services Organization. The role is a remote position based in Evanston, IL – only looking for Illinois residents. This is a full-time, temporary to permanent assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Social Services Organization
LOCATION: Evanston, IL (Remote)
POSITION TITLE: Housing Counselor
DURATION: Temporary, On – Going
SCHEDULE: 40 hours/week
HOURLY PAY: $15.00 – $16.00/hour
SALARY: $45,000 – $50,000/year
Is This Your Dream Job? The Central Intake Specialist represents the first client contact with the community. This person performs client scheduling, intake and referral services, maintain client records, provides robust resources, and completes client surveys. This is a remote role that will remain remote until July 1st. 2021, after that date remote work will be held on Mondays and Fridays, and the candidate will be expected to go into the office on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. Looking to get the ideal candidate started ASAP!
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 2+ years of work experience in customer service or intake, both preferred
- High School Diploma (or equivalent) and 3+ years of experience in Intake for counseling, crisis intervention, legal, mental health issues, Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years of related experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, especially spreadsheets, database and reporting tools.
- Excellent communication, writing, problem-solving, and organization skills
- Ability to balance multiple tasks and manage conflicting priorities required
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance
- Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Conduct initial client intake phone interviews and schedule appointments for various programs
- Create client files and input data into the Client Intake Database
- Assist with preparation and distribution of walk-in clients
- Perform full background data collection for unit files during the “discovery process”
- Assist with outreach projects and participate in community outreach events
- Perform client intake assessments and direct client files to appropriate personnel
- Perform follow up surveys in compliance with the organization’s policies via website and email
- inbox daily and distribute information accordingly
- Facilitates smooth transitions for program participants from the referral process to the assignment of a Counselor or Lawyer
- Represents the interests of the agency, the program, and the program participants in all activities
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Central Intake Specialist” in the subject line.