Do you have strong written skills? Are you passionate about supporting minority owned businesses? Are you detail oriented? Do you consider yourself tech savvy? Do you thrive in fast-paced environments?
We are currently in search of a Certification Specialist/Administrative Assistant for a Diversity Advocacy Association. The position is based in Oakland, CA. This is a Temporary assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Diversity Advocacy Association
LOCATION: Oakland, CA – Working remotely – Still need to be based out of Bay Area
POSITION TITLE: Certification Specialist/Administrative Assistant
DURATION: Long Term Assignment
SCHEDULE: 40-hour work week
HOURLY PAY: $19 -$24/hr commensurate with experience
Is This Your Dream Job? As the Certification Specialist you will manage the certification workflow and provide administrative support to the Director of Certification. You will also work closely with the events team (during busy season). This organization helps Minority Owned Business get Certified and helps connect them with Fortune 500 companies.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 2-3+ years of Administrative experience.
- Proficient in Zoom, MS Office Suite – including PowerPoint,
- HIGH attention to detail, STRONG written and verbal communication skills
- Tech savvy, able to learn new software quickly – you will be helping others with light tech issues
- Adaptable and able to work in a team environment as well as work autonomously
- Must have genuine interest in supporting minority owned businesses
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Filing, application purging, mailings, tracking, and reminder emails and calls to MBEs approaching due dates and who are late in recertifying.
- Provide trouble shooting assistance and one on one help to MBEs via email and phone.
- Manage primary certification and recertification queues, including intake, review, outreach, and completion of processes; updating trackers and conducting site visits.
- Create policy and procedure documents that explain how to perform website and database functions, in addition to other functions as needed.
- Additional duties administrative tasks as assigned
We’d love to hear from you.
Careers In Nonprofits is an equal opportunity employer. Empowered by the #ILoveMyJob mission, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment within the nonprofit sector.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.