Do you have experience with chapter management?
Are you an excellent communicator?
We are currently in search of a Chapter Manager for a Membership Association. The position is based in Alexandria, VA. This is a full-time, permanent assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Membership Association
LOCATION: Alexandria, VA
POSITION TITLE: Chapters Manager
POTENTIAL SALARY: $75-$85k
Is This Your Dream Job? The Chapters Manager will support marketing and communications, member services and chapter chairs, affiliates and members on various levels.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5 years’ experience in a membership association, managing chapters
- Experience supporting volunteer leaders preferred
- MS Office proficiency, knowledge of association management software (NetForum)
- Able to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-driven business environment
- Excellent customer service skills
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Serve as primary point of contact for Chapter volunteer leaders
- Manage the Chapters email account; ensuring timely response to all inquiries
- Maintain, create, and regularly update Chapter resources
- Attend Chapter events as requested/applicable
- Maintain a tracking system for Chapter establishment, dissolution, and attendance of events by staff
- Prepare and ensure accurate processing of quarterly dues payments to all Chapters
- Develop, maintain, monitor, update, and administer all Chapter policies, procedures, applications, etc.; update chapter numbers, weekly
- Report on Chapter maintenance and compliance requirements and address non-compliant Chapters; prepare and submit monthly tracking activities related to the Chapters program
- Process Chapter events in NetForum
- Process annual group tax exemption filing for US Chapters
- Plan and prepare all aspects of the Chapter Chairs and chapter events at the Annual Meeting
- Implement and support the Chapter event and contact hour process in collaboration with the professional development program team
- Support Chapters with membership acquisition and retention needs
- Ensure maintenance of Chapter websites and the creation and delivery of communications campaigns to market events
- Create monthly Chapter Leader newsletter
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Chapters Manager” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.