Are you passionate about social justice?
Are you a strategic communications professional?
We are currently in search of a Chief Communications Officer for an Immigration Advocacy Nonprofit. The position is 100% remote. This is a Permanent, Full-Time assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Immigration Advocacy Nonprofit
LOCATION: 100% remote role
POSITION TITLE: Chief Communications Officer
DURATION: Full Time
SALARY: $135,000 – $150,000 annually
Is This Your Dream Job? Overview:Reporting to the Board of Directors and supervising a small team, this role is responsible for leading and organizing the strategic development of organizational public relations, brand development, and communications initiatives. This candidate will represent the organization in the press, building connections and partnerships to amplify the mission. This role also oversees composition of internal materials, social media posts, and marketing campaigns. This candidate will work to elevate the organization and its branding/reputation. The ideal candidate will be a confident out-of-the-box-thinking leader that is excited to have an impact on a growing organization.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 10+ years of experience in public relations, community relations, marketing, or related field with supervisory experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s is preferred
- Excellent writer and communicator, skilled public speaker
- Track record of success in elevating an organization and increasing brand awareness
- Passionate about social justice and immigration issues
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Oversee the organization’s communications plan/initiatives, including PR, marketing, brand development and reputation – assess what is working as well as improvements
- Manage, supervise, and coach a team of communications professionals
- Lead distribution of news, email and marketing campaigns, and social media posts
- Build and maintain relationships with media agencies
- Be a strategic, creative, and thoughtful leader
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Chief Communications Officer” in the subject line.