Do you have a background in affordable housing finance? Are you able to organize a financial team to meet financial deadlines with ease and confidence?
We are currently in search of a Chief Financial Officer for a Social Services organization. The position is based in San Francisco, CA. This is a full-time, permanent opportunity.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Social Services
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
POSITION TITLE: Chief Financial Officer
SALARY: $140K – $155K
Is This Your Dream Job? A community-based, social service organization is looking for a financial expert that is passionate about serving low-income community members. This role reports to the Chief Operating Officer and will be responsible for knowing the current financial status as well as making projections for future growth. The organization has grown tremendously over the last five years and a background in affordable housing as well as compliance will be necessary for understanding the exciting future ahead.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business
- 7+ years of financial experience
- Has managed a team of at least 3-5 financial professionals
- Experience with robust accounting software
- Familiar with affordable housing, asset management, and business development
- Thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Can maintain financial projections for start-up initiatives
- Has expertise with managing a financial portfolio of various types of assets
- A financial expert in compliance regulations and understands complex financial systems
- Able to organize a team to meet deadlines with ease and confidence
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Developing financial systems for tracking various revenue producing assets
- Continue trusting relationships with various financial institutions and auditors
- Guide the organization in their annual budgeting process
- Collaborating with various internal departments to understand their budgeting needs
- Leading the auditing and compliance process by working with outside agencies
- Joining the Senior Management Team, providing guidance and information about the financial status of the organization
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume and cover letter, outlining your interest in nonprofit recruiting to firstname.lastname@example.org with “CFO” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.