Do you have a passion for advancing educational equity?
Do you have nonprofit experience managing fiscal sponsorships and diverse revenue streams?
We are currently in search of a Chief Financial Officer for an Organization Focused on Educational Equity. The position is based in Oakland, CA. This is a full-time, permanent position. It is currently remote, and in the future will be in-person with some remote flexibility.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Education
LOCATION: Oakland, CA
POSITION TITLE: Chief Financial Officer
SALARY: $130K – $159K
Is This Your Dream Job? An education-based organization is looking for a financial expert that is passionate about serving members. This role provides support to the Executive Director, Board of Directors and Finance Committee and will be responsible to oversee all aspects of financial and fiscal management including accounting and finance, operations, human resources, IT and business planning. The organization is seeking someone who is passionate about K-12 education and possesses a strong background in financial and fiscal management to help them prepare for future growth.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- CPA or similar certification is highly preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business
- 7+ years of relevant experience in finance/accounting and other aspects of operations
- Has managed a team of at least 3-5 finance professionals
- Experience using Intacct is a huge plus as well as Salesforce
- Experience working with Fiscal Sponsorships/Grants preferred
- Thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Can maintain financial projections for start-up initiatives
- Has expertise with managing a financial portfolio of various types of assets
- A financial expert in compliance regulations and understands complex financial systems
- Able to organize a team to meet deadlines with ease and confidence
- Experience living or working in Oakland is a plus
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Developing financial systems for tracking various revenue producing assets
- Continue trusting relationships with various grant/donor relations
- Guide the organization in their annual budgeting process
- Collaborating with various internal departments to understand their budgeting needs
- Leading the auditing and compliance process by working with outside agencies
- Oversee all aspects of accounting for the organization
- Recruit, train, develop, supervise and evaluate finance/accounting department staff
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “CFO” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Careers In Nonprofits is an equal opportunity employer. Empowered by the #ILoveMyJob mission, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment within the nonprofit sector.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.