Do you have 10+ years of experience in creation and execution of marketing and communication campaign and activities?
Do you have experience with and a passion for science and technology?
Are you energetic, a strategist, and goal-oriented?
We are currently in search of a Chief of Marketing & Communications Officer for a membership association. The position is based in Washington, DC. This is a Fulltime, permanent position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Membership Association
LOCATION: Washington, D.C.
POSITION TITLE: Chief of Marketing & Communications Officer
DURATION: Fulltime/ Permanent
Is This Your Dream Job?
The Chief Marketing & Communications Officer (CMCO) promotes the association’s brand and image by developing, managing and directing the activities and goals of the marketing and communications team. Responsible for developing the marketing strategies and timelines for the programs, events, and resources, the CMCO must work collaboratively with all staff to create cohesive, integrated marketing plans that support the growth of the association and meet organizational objectives. Using internal analytics, best practices, and competitive data, the CMCO manages and guides all marketing, advertising, and promotional activities for optimal effectiveness.
- Creates brand recognition and supports all aspects of the association’s brand management; upholds the established style across all marketing and communications collateral and promotional materials.
- Develops and executes marketing plans and communications timelines for the association’s programs, including awards and recognition, events, leadership development, and membership, that are within budget and support the strategic plan
- Plans and administers marketing budget.
- Supervises and directs marketing and communications team, including communications project director and membership manager.
- Works with external team, including editor, writers, web team, publishers, etc.
- Manages and approves the creation, design, and production of all marketing collateral and promotional materials, including electronic marketing, publications, e-newsletters, brochures, print advertisements, direct mail, website videos, social media, and other delivery channels.
- Manages and implements association publications calendar, incorporating internal marketing plans and timelines.
- Develops and tracks metric for all marketing programs, working closely with marketing writer and marketing project coordinator to review analytics across various marketing channels and adapts marketing strategy as needed to increase effectiveness and achieve revenue goals.
- Manages and implements short and long-term marketing strategies, working closely with membership manager to increase membership awareness and participation in the programs.
- Develops yearly plan for internal program advertising in association’s magazine; creates content and design guidance for monthly ads.
- Manages association’s online presence via website design and maintenance; develops timelines to ensure all information is up-to-date and accurate; consistently reviews content to ensure relevancy; approves all changes before pages are published, manages paid advertising relationship with advertising agency; works with marketing project coordinator to ensure SSO, SEO, and other web functions are performing properly.
- Provides suggestions and guidance to improve the marketability of association programs, events, and resources.
- Participates in Strategic Planning and Board of Directors Meetings.
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge, and experience in the creation and execution of marketing and communications campaigns and activities
- Superior written and oral communication skills with the ability to convey information in an easy to understand, compelling, and engaging manner
- Excellent project and time management skills with the ability to multitask and work in a deadline-oriented environment
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills with the ability to work as part of team and collaborate
- Understanding of the culture of scientific professionals
- Travel required.
We’d love to hear from you!
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Chief of Marketing & Communications Officer” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
** Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.