Are you an organized, high-level Administration and Human Resources professional with 7+ years’ experience supporting C-Suite leadership? Have you created and executed organization-wide policies and procedures? Are you passionate about supporting local, regional, and national philanthropic efforts?
We are currently searching for a Chief of Staff for an International Organization. The position is based in the Fresno, CA area. This is a full-time, permanent opportunity.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: International Organization
LOCATION: Fresno, CA
POSITION TITLE: Chief of Staff
ANNUAL SALARY: $85,000-$90,000/year, benefits available
Is This Your Dream Job? Reporting directly to the President and CEO, the Chief of Staff will operate at strategic, operational, and tactical levels to enhance the effectiveness of the CEO and the organization. The Chief of Staff will be a thought partner to the CEO and oversee project management, partner with the CEO on strategic planning, oversee Board material development, provide strategic advice and facilitate interdepartmental communication. They will manage multiple initiatives simultaneously. This is a highly influential and visible role that needs an individual who is comfortable with influencing without direct authority.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- 7+ years of professional experience, nonprofit experience preferred
- Relevant nonprofit board management experience a plus
- Experience in cross-functional project management and an eagerness to learn new skills, including supervisory skills
- Strategic thinker, data-driven and analytical in approach to solving problems
- Strong written and verbal communication; listens well and can easily learn to communicate in someone else’s “written voice”
- Excels at building relationships and networks; influences others to achieve outcomes
- Systems and process-thinker; loves creating order out of chaos
- Deeply loyal and committed to the mission
- Maintains confidentiality at all times
- Possess a valid California Driver’s License and reliable vehicle
How You Will Spend Your Day:
CEO Support (75%)
- Provide and oversee administrative support to the CEO, including strategic management of the CEO calendar, prioritizing their time and schedule, providing meeting preparation and follow-up.
- Act as a key thought partner, brainstorming & identifying solutions to challenges.
- Support the CEO in identify priorities, strategically align his/her time with those, and revisit them regularly to assess progress.
- Composes written correspondence on behalf of the CEO and prepares reports and other documents as needed.
- Represent CEO/President in meetings, by email, and phone calls with internal and external stakeholders.
- Support CEO/President in meetings by taking notes and assuming responsibility for completion of action items.
- Ensures timely and effective completion of projects and initiatives.
- Researches and recommends new and revised organization-wide strategies.
- Creates and maintains systems and processes to streamline operations.
- Establishes standards and procedures for hiring and managing the office staff and personnel for the CEO/President.
Board Relations (25%)
- Provide administrative support to the Board of Directors and Committees; oversee meeting preparation and planning for Board of Directors; support CEO in managing interactions with board chair and committee leaders.
- Compile all board meeting reports and documentation
- Other duties as assigned
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Chief of Staff” in the subject line.