We are currently in search of a Chief of Staff for a Community Foundation. The position is based in San Francisco, CA or San Jose, CA. This is a permanent, full-time position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Community Foundation
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA or San Jose, CA
POSITION TITLE: Chief of Staff
Is This Your Dream Job? Reporting to the CEO, you will serve as the organization’s first ever Chief of Staff and be responsible for designing, implementing and measuring the Foundation’s HR strategy for their unprecedented growth track. You will actively review programs and policies and address operational procedures such as change management, professional development opportunities and best practices around succession planning for the organization, as they seek to expand their services throughout California and double their staff size by 2024. As a member of the leadership team, you will have the opportunity to form a culture of collaboration, support, and continue to serve their philanthropic mission in all that you do.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 8-10 yeas of HR leadership experience; experience working in for-profit and non-profits preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred
- Expert-level expertise in HR best practices and policies; Continued experience serving as a thought partner to a CEO/ Executive leadership
- Strong knowledge of internal ATS systems, such as Paylocity, ADP, Greenhouse, etc.
- Possess a high-level of discretion and positive outlook
- Flexible, friendly personality with strong time-management skills; strong judge of character and results-driven
- Infectious enthusiasm for the identification and attraction of phenomenal talent
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Utilizing knowledge and priorities to develop diverse HR practices that oversee strategic, operational and cultural plans
- Creating thorough, structured systems and road maps for internal change management procedures, as well as provide guidance on programmatic procedures around recruitment and budget management.
- Strategically emphasizing a collaborative culture of integrity and demonstrate a strong sense of leadership in all aspects.
- Collaborating closely with the CEO in provide expert consult and guidance on talent acquisition, internal training, as well as compliance and diversity and inclusion.
- Overseeing implementation of Applicant tracking system; supervise ongoing recruiting efforts and making sure requisitions are filled in a timely manner.
- Ensuring seamless communication on all special projects to relevant team members, as well as Foundation-wide.
- Providing mentorship and support to hiring managers, as well as team members, on employment issues, benefits/ compensation, and compliance.
- Actively engaging in the advancement of the organization’s 5-year growth strategy and in doing so, demonstrate a culture of consistency and passion for the mission of the organization.
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Chief of Staff” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.