Are you excited to play a high-level, strategic role for an independent school that holds DEI as a core value, as the right-hand person to the President and lead liaison to the board, the parent association, and the leadership team? Are you interested in contributing to the education of students grades 6-12 who are being taught to lead with humility and authenticity?
We are currently in search of a Chief of Staff for a large, established and reputable independent 6-12 school. This position is based in the San Francisco Bay Area (San Mateo County) and requires mostly on-site work with some flexibility. This is a permanent, full-time opportunity.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Independent Grade 6-12 Bay Area School
LOCATION: San Mateo County (full-time on-site position with limited flexibility)
POSITION TITLE: Chief of Staff
SALARY: $105-130K+ DOE plus excellent benefits
Is This Your Dream Job? The Chief of Staff serves as the strategic thought partner and right hand to the President, the lead liaison to the Board of Directors and Parents Association, responsible for creating, overseeing and driving forward various projects and initiatives from the President’s office. The Organization is seeking a highly skilled interpersonal communicator and relationship builder, who can help the organization strategically grow its effectiveness and reach through cross-functional collaboration. This is a key leadership role for someone very strong in relationship management, strategy and details to work at both a strategic and administrative level while engaging key leadership of the school to support the mission, vision and needs of the organization.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Minimum 2-10+ years of related experience in project management and coordination, strategy or other equivalent experience working closely with C-level staff and board
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and lead and project manage CEOs, boards and other leadership staff
- Proactive communication and takes initiative on finding solutions and making decisions; knows when to involve President in decisions
- Ability to think on the fly and move forward in a fast-paced environment
- Flexible and adaptable in building out a new role in the school
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Background in schools, nonprofits or other dynamic settings serving multiple stakeholders is a plus
- A passion or interest in education or supporting youth, interested in learning and growing professionally
- Awareness and commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion as a core value
- Willingness to roll up sleeves and help where needed, with work at very high strategic level as well as more basic administrative tasks
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Serve as key advisor and counsel to President and assume responsibility for projects and initiatives
- Collaborate and provide cross-functional support to projects and initiatives as assigned by the President – facilitating conversations and coordination what needs to happen as well taking ownership to drive decisions and strategies forward
- Assist in scheduling on behalf of the President, including making decisions around if and when the President is needed in a decision-making process/meeting vs. being able to report back findings
- Lead in hiring process and logistics for any of President’s direct reports, including working with search firm
- On behalf of President, serves as lead liaison and strategic advisor to leadership team, board of directors and parent’s association communicating updates between the board and key leadership staff
- Attend and help facilitate meetings (Board, Parent Association and Leadership meetings), prepare and send materials, take meeting minutes, assign and follow up on action items, pushing things forward
- Connect and build relationships with board members, association members and leadership staff to ensure the ability to leverage those relationships in driving initiatives forward and enabling leadership success as well as providing feedback to the President
- Lead a parent committee as the administrative liaison
- Create and update reports related to KPIs
- Create and organize timelines, delegate responsibilities, research and analyze in establishing systems, processes and protocols
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Chief of Staff” in the subject line.