We are currently in search of a Chief Operating Officer for a Youth Services Organization. The position is based in Oakland, CA.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Youth Services Organization
LOCATION: Oakland, CA
POSITION TITLE: Chief Operating Officer
Is This Your Dream Job? As a key member of the executive management team, the Chief Operating Officer (COO) will provide strong operational and financial expertise to guide the organization through a time of growth and rebranding. S/he will provide the leadership, management and vision necessary to ensure that the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, and people systems are in place to effectively grow the organization and to ensure financial strength and operating efficiency. The position will accomplish this through a respectful, constructive and energetic style, guided by the objectives and strategic business plan of the organization.
- Health insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Vacation time
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 7-10+ years of strong nonprofit finance and operational experience at the management level
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field, required; Master’s degree in business or related field, preferred
- Experience managing operating budgets of $4-8M
- Strong knowledge of facilities management
- Skilled in developing and improving organizational systems
- Knowledge of government grant management
- Possess personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to organizational mission
- Can work within a fast-growing nonprofit, while working towards clarity and operational solutions
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities and guiding investment in people and systems
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Provide direct leadership and management to Finance, HR, and IT departments.
- Partner with the President and Executive Director to grow the organization and to achieve business goals.
- Utilize analytics and data driven programs to measure the effectiveness of all organizational processes.
- Oversee current operating budget of $4M, offering guidance on effective management of budget as it expands.
- Supervise evaluation and implementation of IT systems.
- Spearhead the development, communication and implementation of effective growth strategies and processes as the organization scales up.
- Develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel designed to accommodate the organization’s rapid growth.
- Motivate and mentor a high-performance management team of 7 employees.
- Foster a culture of goal-oriented and professional accountability within the organization.
- Develop organizational wide systems that ensure the protection and up-keep of the organization’s owned facility.
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Chief Operating Officer” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.