Are you a licensed counselor or social worker?
Do you have experience serving vulnerable populations?
We are currently in search of a Clinical Services Counselor for a Social Services Organization. The position is based in Washington, DC. This is a full-time, temporary assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Social Services Organization
LOCATION: Washington DC (multiple locations)
POSITION TITLE: Clinical Services Counselor
DURATION: On-going, Temporary
SCHEDULE: 40 hours/week (Mon-Fri; 3 days/2 evenings)
HOURLY PAY: $25.00-$30.00
Is This Your Dream Job? The Clinical Services Counselor will work with an organization that serves homeless and low-income families. Providing comprehensive care coordination for members with co-morbid chronic physical and behavioral health conditions, this person will participate in the assessment and care plan development for program participants. This is a temporary, on-going opportunity. The schedule will be 3 days from 9am-5:30pm and 2 days from 11:30am-8pm (Monday-Friday). This person must have a driver’s license in order to travel between facilities within the District.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Master’s of Social Work Required
- Must be licensed in DC as an LGSW, LICSW, LGPC or LPC
- First Aid/CPR certification required
- Must have a valid driver’s license (transporting self only)
- 1-2 years of counseling experience with vulnerable populations (mental health issues, substance abuse, domestic violence and/or trauma) required
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Meet one on one with individuals (adults and youth) to discuss needs and challenges
- Assess individual cases and develop care plans for team approach to improve outcomes
- Help clients define goals and action plans
- Refer clients to additional programs when necessary
- Work with fellow counselors to improve programs to better support population
- Draft reports and track progress using MS Office Suite
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Licensed Counselor” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Careers In Nonprofits is an equal opportunity employer. Empowered by the #ILoveMyJob mission, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment within the nonprofit sector.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.