Are you a bright and entrepreneurial communications professional, eager to work for a nonprofit at the cutting edge of research in healthcare?
We are currently in search of a Communications and Marketing Manager for a Rare Disease Research Association. The position is based in Newton, MA. This is a Direct-Hire position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Rare Disease Research Association
LOCATION: Newton, MA
POSITION TITLE: Communications and Marketing Manager
Annual Salary: $65-75k/annual
Is This Your Dream Job? The Communications and Marketing Manager will report to the Director of Development and work closely with the CEO. This is an opportunity to play a significant role in the growth of a rapidly expanding organization, and work in a start-up, team-based, entrepreneurial environment. The Communication and Marketing Manager should be a creative person who combines strong digital communication experience with proven ability to develop content for a variety of media outlets. They will provide key input to the organization’s annual communication and marketing plan and strategies while managing its implementation and producing its content. We are looking for a dynamic, self-reliant, and independent thinker who thrives on challenges and is interested in making a difference in the life of patients.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 3-4 Years of Experience in marketing, communications, and branding
- BA/BS in marketing/communications or related field
- Knowledge of brand design, enhancement, and maintenance
- Proven creative skills with a great attention to detail
- Experience working across all digital media channels
- Excellent writing skills and ability to create content for a wide range of formats from social media to in-depth reports to newsletters
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and work under tight deadlines
- Must be detail-oriented, possess strong organizational skills and be able to manage vendors
- A proven self-starter able to work both independently and as part of a small team with the willingness to be held accountable for deliverables
- Proficient in WordPress, Salesforce, Microsoft Suite, InDesign, and Social Media platforms
- Occasional travel may be required post pandemic
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Play a key role in enhancing the organization’s brand and visibility by leveraging communications to represent its position as leading authoritative voice
- Provide input into the overarching communication and marketing strategy
- Develop content/media for each unique stakeholder communication stream, and manage end to end planning and delivery
- Work closely with the Director of Development to integrate fundraising messaging and tools across all distribution channels
- Create communications/marketing collateral to support development campaigns across all platforms
- Build and execute a comprehensive social media plan that includes transition from external content creation and management to internal
- Produce, maintain and update content on website, social media platforms, blog, and newsletter
- Oversee development of marketing materials, such as case studies, leaflets, annual/impact reports
- Provide reports and recommendations to Director of Development and CEO based on key metrics
- Maintain and curate targeted distribution lists and other data
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Position Title” in the subject line.