Do you have at least 1 year of experience in public relations and outreach?
Are you interested in working with a dynamic, mission-driven team?
We are currently in search of a Communications Assistant for a Religious Advocacy Organization. The position is based in Washington, DC. This is a full-time, temporary assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Religious Advocacy Organization
LOCATION: Washington, DC
POSITION TITLE: Communications Assistant
DURATION: Temporary (~3 weeks)
SCHEDULE: 40 hours/week
HOURLY PAY: $15.00 – $16.00/hour
Is This Your Dream Job? The communications assistant will help with outreach and creating media-related materials to support social justice issues. This is a 3 week, temporary assignment.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Must have at least 1 year of experience in a communications role
- Must know the fundaments of a news cycle and earned media
- Experience with social justice work a plus
- Strong copy-editing skills
- Skilled with Microsoft Access, Video Editing and Website tools a plus
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Build writing capacity for op-eds and other media-related materials
- Track press, radio and broadcast media hits
- Maintain press hit database in Microsoft Access
- Conduct outreach to reporters, columnists, producers, bookers and hosts in mainstream media
- Support program staff in press outreach
- Support company events through live-tweeting, live streaming and other online communication
- Plan press events, draft media advisories and press releases
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Communications Assistant” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.