Are you looking for a role where you can expand your strong writing and communication skills? Are you enthusiastic about assisting individuals achieve their greatest human potential?
We are currently in search of a Communications Associate for a Social Services organization. The position is based in Palo Alto, CA. This is a full- time, permanent role.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Social Services
LOCATION: Palo Alto, CA
POSITION TITLE: Communications Associate
Is This Your Dream Job? Supporting the CEO and Development Campaign Manager, the Communications Manager will support communications and fund development teams within the social service organization. You will also oversee all methods of communication with internal and external stakeholders, including mailed and emailed communications, social media channels, and producing original content within an established brand. You will be a proactive and collaborative team member, while also being in full support for the Development team, CEO, Board of Directors and Advancement Council in fundraising activities, grant writing, and a multitude of events. This is an ideal role for a tech savvy, tenured communicator to utilize their skill sets and take the next step within and social service, community-focused organization.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 3+ years of professional experience, ideally in a development or communications role within a social justice nonprofit
- Bachelor’s Degree, ideally in English, Communications, or related field
- Excellent understanding of marketing communications and media channels including: WordPress, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, LinkedIn and others
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop and InDesign) as well as databases, such as Salesforce
- Demonstrated history of strong project management skills
- Experience coordinating/ managing small to high-level events, ranging from 20 – 400 attendees
- Possess an energetic work ethic and can quickly adapt; friendly demeanor and comfortable working in a small team environment
- Works well on tight deadlines and stays organized in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Create communication and marketing strategies for fundraising campaign launches, annual reports, mailers, events, including their annual forum and luncheons
- Utilize advance communication skills by building out content on the website, internally and externally, including blogs written on behalf of the CEO, improving social media channels and ensuring brand guidelines are met within all communication aspects
- Effectively project manage the entire direct mail process, from scheduling, to mailing, and processing Conducting email and letter campaigns, as well as conducting outreach activities at events/ conferences
- Collaborate with all team members, including the program staff; understand and capture the stories of their participants, while also documenting any special events, such as taking photos/videos
- Represent the organization within the community; comfortable presenting to small groups
- Serve as a steward to the organization and stay up to date on the latest communication advances within the community
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client
base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.