Do you have a background in the public relations field?
Do you have strong writing and communication skills?
We are currently in search of a Communications Director for a Foundation. The position is based in Washington, DC. This is a full-time, permanent assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Foundation
LOCATION: Washington, DC
POSITION TITLE: Communications Director
SCHEUDLE: Full-time (40 hours/week)
Is This Your Dream Job? The ideal candidate will lead and implement all communications strategies of the Foundation. The candidate will write new feature articles, presentations and content for the organization. Additionally, the candidate will manage and publish content on social media and the website. The candidate will direct graphic design, and oversee product marketing. The candidate will be a self-starter who has strong writing and interpersonal skills, and possesses a broad knowledge of the PR field. The candidate must be a multitasker, and eager to take on new challenges and develop new strategies. The candidate will report to the Vice President.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 3-5 years of communications experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Broad knowledge of the Public Relations field
- Knowledge of social media, graphic design, photography and videography
- Excellent writing skills
- Multi-tasker, interpersonal, and organized
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Develop and implement communications strategies
- Create and post social media content, as well as develop the monthly content calendar
- Write new articles, brochures, presentations and content for organization
- Interact with stakeholders and board members
- Maintain the website and manage media inquiries
- Work with the VP
- Additional duties as assigned
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Communications Director” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.