Do you have 7+ years of nonprofit strategic communications experience?
Are you passionate about social justice and advocacy?
We are currently in search of a Communications Manager for a Faith-based Organization. The position is based in Silver Spring, MD. This is a full-time, permanent assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Faith-based Organization
LOCATION: Silver Spring, MD
POSITION TITLE: Communications Manager
Is This Your Dream Job? The Communications Manager is responsible for assisting in developing, planning and executing communications strategies, with a specific focus on social justice advocacy and new membership content.
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Vacation, PTO and Sick time
- Several other additional benefits included
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 7+ years’ experience leading and managing communications plans for a nonprofit
- Strong proficiency with MS Office Suite, PowerPoint, Adobe Creative Suite
- Able to travel and maintain confidentiality on sensitive issues
- Intrinsically motivated with a can-do attitude
- Familiarity with social advocacy
- Demonstrated experience in graphic design projects
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Develop communications plans and strategies for justice and new membership teams around specific campaigns
- Manage communications from concept to delivery, including developing audience-centric messaging, editing, providing creative direction, coordinating with designer and print/online vendors, translation, distribution and evaluation for web pages, social media, ads, promotional materials, media releases, etc.
- Collaborate with other communications staff to implement justice and new membership strategies and tactics
- Develop and manage budgets related to project responsibilities
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Communications Manager” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.