Do you have 2+ years of experience coordinating mid-scale events? Are you an organized, customer service professional? Do you have an interest in scientific research?
We are currently in search of a Conference Coordinator for a science organization. The position is based in Palo Alto, CA. This is a full-time, permanent position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Science organization
LOCATION: Palo Alto, CA
POSITION TITLE: Conference Coordinator
DURATION: Full-time, permanent
SALARY: $70,000 – $75,000
Is This Your Dream Job? Supporting the Executive Director, the Conference Coordinator will lead and assist with all event preparation details for annual conferences and symposiums, from implementation to execution. You will be working closely with vendors, hotels, and program chairs to ensure all event aspects run smoothly for members and attendees and consistently collaborate with your team to manage the large and small picture. As the Conference Coordinator, you will also possess a high-level of customer service at all times and will be able to communicate effectively in a fast-paced environment. This position requires yearly travel and a flexible schedule.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 3 -5 years of conference, event planning, and administrative experience
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Prior membership and registration experience a plus
- Familiar with Mac, MacMail, Microsoft Office, and social media platforms
- Understanding of databases, such as CVent and EasyChair, and setup of A/V equipment
- Possess a great work ethic and can quickly adapt; friendly demeanor and comfortable working in a small environment
- Administer all event details, support program needs and collaborate with finance department on payment processing
- Provide general clerical and office assistance; strong proofreading experience and attention to detail a must
- Local and national travel required, with possible international travel
- Interest in science and research publications a plus
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Stay up-to-date on various needs of upcoming events and conferences; Manage logistics onsite for main annual conference and other assigned smaller conferences.
- Develop production schedules for up to 20 programs for review by the Executive Director, and eventual submission to appropriate volunteer chairs.
- Prepare overview of annual conference schedule for staff use.
- Develop budgets for catering, AV, contract labor, and other miscellaneous pieces of the annual conference and other conferences for review by the Executive Director.
- Finalize scheduling and help to facilitate the visualization of the events.
- Maintaining the membership database and assist with updates to website.
- Strategize on improvement of current systems and venue research to improve cost and effectiveness.
- Tracking and distributing invoice payments and refunds. Assist with copyright forms and various administrative tasks.
- Review and proofread scholarly paper submissions for conferences.
- Manage all email communications, invitations, and printed materials needed for upcoming events; provide constant updates to team members and fill in gaps as needed.
- Additional duties as assigned
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Conference Coordinator” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.