Do you have 7+ years of writing and editing experience?
Are you detail-oriented, a brilliant multi-tasker with strong communication skills?
We are currently in search of a Content & Publications Manager for a Faith-based Organization. The position is based in Silver Spring, MD. This is a full-time, permanent assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Faith-based Organization
LOCATION: Silver Spring, MD
POSITION TITLE: Content & Publications Manager
Is This Your Dream Job? The Content & Publications Manager is responsible for developing an editorial calendar and content from conception to publication for print, online publications and other special projects.
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Vacation, PTO and Sick time
- Several other additional benefits included
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 7+ years’ experience story identification and development, writing, editing and managing an editorial calendar
- Strong proficiency with MS Office Suite, PowerPoint, Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop REQUIRED, Constant Contact, MailChimp
- Able to travel and maintain confidentiality on sensitive issues
- Intrinsically motivated with a can-do attitude
- Familiarity with current events
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Plan, assign write and edit articles; contribute content
- Survey and analyze content and readership to assess effectiveness of print and online publications
- Serve as liaison to and manage relationships with graphic designers, printers and other vendors
- Supervise communications specialist and translator
- Manage production schedules and publications budgets
- Oversee and coordinate editorial advisory Board meetings and materials, plan and schedule meetings, update Board guidelines, seek out new members
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Content & Publication Manager” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.