Are you interested in working with a culturally-diverse team at an International Environmental Organization doing incredible, impactful work?
We are currently in search of a Controller for an International Environmental Organization. This is a remote position involving eventual international travel once deemed safe. Candidates in the South and the East Coast of the U.S. are a plus based on location.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: International Environmental Organization
LOCATION: Remote position (with eventual international travel), preference for folks in the South or East Coast of the U.S.
POSITION TITLE: Controller
SALARY: $95K – $105K+ DOE
Is This Your Dream Job? We are seeking a seasoned Nonprofit financial expert to oversee an International organization’s financial and accounting processes, including but not limited to allocations, forecasting, budgeting and reporting. This role reports to the Regional Executive Director and manages the Finance Manager, and works closely cross-functionally as well as with the Board of Directors. The Controller will become an integral part of the team, serving as a flexible and diplomatic team member who is approachable and skilled in advising and guiding others at the leadership level, with ample experience and the ability to drive improvements at increasing efficiency and best practices, looking at processes and systems.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 7-10+ years of relevant nonprofit experience in finance/accounting
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business, or related fields preferred
- Knowledge of GAAP required, International Accounting Experience a huge plus
- Has expertise with managing a diverse financial portfolio including multiple multi-year grants, restricted and unrestricted gifts and other complex charitable gift types
- Experience working with the reporting, tracking and audit requirements for government and multi-lateral grants in the nonprofit space
- A financial expert in compliance regulations and understands complex financial systems
- Thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Strong leadership and collaboration abilities, excellent communication skills
- Highly proficient in QuickBooks and database experience (Salesforce, a plus)
- Bilingual in Spanish not required but a plus
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Oversee and coordinate all financial activities for the organization, including payroll
- Develop more efficient financial systems for tracking, reporting and auditing
- Build trust and good internal relationships to help improve accounting processes across organization
- Continue trusting relationships with various grant/donor relations
- Collaborate with various internal departments to understand their budgeting needs
- Support staff outside U.S. and manage a variety of different funding types – including multi-lateral funds
- Conduct internal audits to assess financial status and lead the auditing and compliance process
- Ensure compliance with federal and state regulations
- Set controls and budgets to mitigate risk and increase return on investments
- Serve as primary contact for external auditors
- Establish and review bank and investment relationships
- Manage payroll, accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Perform business plan financial projections and forecasting
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Controller” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Careers In Nonprofits is an equal opportunity employer. Empowered by the #ILoveMyJob mission, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment within the nonprofit sector.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.