Would you consider yourself an outstanding leader?
Do you have at least 4 solid years’ experience in the field of accounting/finance?
Are you looking for an organization you can call home?
We are currently in search of a Controller for a Religious Health Organization. This is an in person (semi hybrid) role based in Harvey, IL. This is a full-time, temporary to permanent assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Religious Health Organization
LOCATION: Harvey, IL
POSITION TITLE: Controller
DURATION: Temporary to Permanent
SCHEDULE: 40 hours/week
HOURLY PAY: $28.00 – $30.00/hour
SALARY: $85,000 – $90,000
Is This Your Dream Job? The Controller reports to the Chief Financial Officer, and oversees the Accounting Manager and Financial Accounting Staff. This role directs a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger maintenance, financial reporting, year-end audit preparation, Federal 990, Medicaid/Medicare cost reports and the support of budget and forecast activities. An ideal candidate must be proficient in non-profit financial accounting and understand cost allocations, grant tracking, federal reporting and know how to motivate and manage staff. This is hybrid role where you will work in office 3-4 days, and remote the others. Strict COVID-19 practices are in place, looking to get someone started ASAP!
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting required
- 3+ plus years supervision of accounting personnel required
- 3 – 5 years hands on general ledger and financial statement preparation required
- Complete understanding of the accounting cycle and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Experience in the health care environment preferred
- Ability to learn accounting software. Knowledge of Blackbaud FE and FundEZ a plus.
- Proven ability to interpret policies and procedures
- Advanced organizational and problem solving skills
- CPA or CMA desirable, but not required
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Managing and overseeing the daily operations of the accounting department
- Monitoring and analyzing accounting data and overseeing the production of financial reports and/or statements
- Establishing and enforcing proper and consistent accounting methods, policies and principles
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close
- Oversee the daily banking and cash management requirements
- Ensure the accurate and timely processing of accounts payable and payroll transactions
- Ensure the monthly and quarterly Bank Compliance activities are done in a timely accurate manner
- Ensure the grant reporting activities are performed in a timely and accurate manner
- Supports the annual filing of Medicaid and Medicare cost reporting activities
- Supports budget and forecasting activities, as well as Grants management
- Monitors and analyzes department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy
- Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions
- Work with the CFO to ensure a clean and timely year end audit
- Provide training to new and existing staff as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned by the CFO
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Controller” in the subject line.