Are you looking to utilize your finance background to improve sustainable impact for communities of Chicago?
Do you have a passion for working collaboratively with others?
Are you a service-minded and mission-driven individual who is looking for an opportunity to both help others and grow yourself professionally?
We are currently in search of a Controller for a Social Service Organization that is based in Chicago. This is a permanent, full-time opportunity.
ORGANIZATION: Social Service
POSITION TITLE: Controller
SCHEDULE: Full time (9:00am-5:00pm)
Is This Your Dream Job? The Controller will report to, and work closely with the CEO and Executive Team. This person is responsible for all accounting-related activities, including high-level accounting, managerial accounting, finance activities within both organizations. As a Controller, you will possess the creative and strategic initiative to take the organization to the next level. This person will have extraordinary time management, detail-oriented skills and an “all hands on deck” attitude. Additionally, the Controller will possess a true a desire to learn every day and a thirst for unlimited growth.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or business administration is required, Master’s degree is preferred.
- 5+ years of direct accounting or finance experience. Some real estate-related experience is helpful.
- Prior experience working with accounting or finance software.
- Familiarity with year end auditing, donor contributions, and receivables highly preferred
- Ability to effectively collaborate with management and staff is essential.
- Strong numerical proficiency, organization, time management and good problem-solving skills.
- Must have excellent leadership skills and a big-picture method to approaching tasks.
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Prepare operating budgets for the organization.
- Oversee financial reporting (collection, analysis, and consolidation of financial data) in order to summarize trends and investigate budget deficiencies for reports on material revenue variances or expenditure variances to management.
- In collaboration with Chief Operating Officer, monitor and assist with tenant leasing on such items as reviewing leases, riders, and amendments for lease abstracts.
- In collaboration with Chief Operating Officer, monitor and process payments to higher level partners and subcontractors.
- In conjunction with Board-approved Strategic Plan, guide Business Development related teams, including planning and strategy development for organizational assets and opportunities to enhance income generation.
- Supervise all employees involved in the accounting process.
- Review weekly cash management.
- Provide input into marketing strategies to increase awareness of the organization, its programs and services.
- Evaluate current vendors and contracts to seek savings and/or alternative vendors.
- Other In-house activities and projects as assigned.
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not the best fit for you?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Have you heard of GROWTHtrack? Sign up today for this FREE professional development webinar designed for your professional progress at careersinnonprofits.com/growthtrack. Conducted weekly.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.