Do you live and breathe social media?
Are you known for your creativity and drive?
Do you enjoy having an impact on an organization’s presence and success?
We are currently in search of a Development and Communications Coordinator for a Social Services Organization. This is a full-time, permanent position based in Round Lake, IL.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Social Services Organization
LOCATION: Round Lake, IL
POSITION TITLE: Development and Communications Coordinator
DURATION: Full-Time, Permanent
Is This Your Dream Job?
The Development and Communications Coordinator reports to and assists the Director of Philanthropy and Director of Development in the organization’s overall fundraising, marketing, and communications efforts with an emphasis on social media and database management. The Organization is seeking a sharp-witted and adaptable team player who likes working independently and is tech savvy.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant development, communication, marketing, or administrative experience, preferably in a nonprofit office setting.
- Advanced proficiency in: Microsoft Office, DonorPerfect, and Constant Contact.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience managing multiple social media platforms.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of staff and outside community members.
- Possess effective written and oral communication skills and strategic and creative thinking skills.
- Capability to adapt and be flexible in fast-paced, high-volume departments.
- Aptitude to creatively think outside of the box in order to attain potential funding opportunities.
- Able to work well under pressure, meet deadlines, manage multiple projects, and prioritize competing responsibilities.
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Overseeing donor database systems and record-keeping procedures to ensure receipt, recording, and acknowledgement of all gifts.
- Assisting with the design and implementation of brand-conscious campaigns to increase awareness about the mission of the Organization and to support/promote programming and fundraising efforts.
- Assisting with efforts to design and execute basic graphic design and layout tasks for events and initiatives, including the Organization’s web presence.
- Developing internal and external newsletters and promotional materials.
- Coordinating public relations activities such as press releases and media campaigns.
- Developing and monitoring social media and website postings.
- Assisting in research, writing, and submission of foundation, corporate, and government grant proposals and reports, as needed by the Director of Development.
- Assisting with special events as needed by development team.
- Coordinating outside vendor activities.
- Assisting and supporting all administrative, operational and program activities as necessary.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to Rachel Spears at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Development and Communications Coordinator” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.