Are you a goal-oriented development professional who gets excited by meeting deadlines, and multitasking daily?
Do you thrive while working in a small team environment?
Are you a dynamic and highly organized individual with excellent time management and administrative skills?
We are currently in search of a Development and Grants Manager for a small Educational Foundation. The position is located in Alexandria, VA. This is a full time Permanent position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Educational Foundation
LOCATION: Alexandria, VA
POSITION TITLE: Development and Grants Manager
SALARY: $40,000 – 60,000 + 100% medical/dental covered by the organization + 403(b) with 11% employer contribution
Is This Your Dream Job? You will be responsible for providing administrative, fundraising, and grants program management support, including routine correspondence, phone inquiries, maintaining and updating the database, and assisting in the management of the annual education awards process. The Development and Grants Manager will be responsible for overseeing the award application process, assisting award and fellowship recipients throughout the year, and coordinating communications with donors. They will also assist the president with administrative tasks, keep organized records, and maintain the website.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in admin tasks, and grants management
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, written and verbal, are required.
- Knowledge of data collection, tracking, and database systems
- Comfortable working autonomously and with a small team
- Highly motivated and target/results driven
- Experience with the following preferred:
- Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook).
- DonorPerfect (or other similar donor databases)
- Constant Contact
- WordPress/basic HTML
- Must be able to handle stress and pressure of tight deadlines and multiple assignments.
- Must maintain strict confidentiality in working with sensitive data and possess excellent judgment in all communications with board members, students, colleges/universities, and public.
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Responsibilities divided into 4 main areas: Administrative, Fundraising/Donations, Grants, and Website/Media
- Administrative: Work closely with the President on planning meetings, including board meetings, taking board meeting notes and preparing materials beforehand. Maintains office calendar, responds to phone inquiries and handles routine correspondence. Prepares annual award publications via existing templates. Maintains files needed to support annual audit, including locating information, organizes and labels files. Oversees the state charitable registration for all states required by working with the outside vendor.
- Fundraising/Donations: Maintains, updates, and utilizes the DonorPerfect database to format and execute mailings. Draft solicitation letters and emails to existing donors. Monitor corporate gifts, track outstanding pledges. Provide comprehensive donor reports and analytics. Outreach through Constant Contact to former fellows, faculty, deans, corporate sponsors, etc….
- Grants: Manages the announcement and administration of the annual awards program, including tracking receipt of application materials, sending requests to applicants for missing application materials, and preparing the applicant online files. Track entire application process from start to finish. Coordinate mentor of the year write-ups, press release, trophy, etc.… Use Constant Contact for announcements and Formsite for applications.
- Website/Media: Draft and send out press releases. Update website and LinkedIn with information about Fellows and Board members. Collaborate with school PR contacts to promote current and former Fellows. Draft articles on students for website. Organize brochure
We’d love to hear from you. If you are interested in our services, please submit a resume to Katie Sanabria at email@example.com with “Development and Grants Manager” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be interested? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
For more information about Careers in Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.