Are you a detailed-oriented administrative professional? Do you have office management and/or fundraising experience? Are you interested in working for a research organization?
We are currently in search of a Development Assistant for a Medical Research Organization. The position is based in San Francisco, CA. This is a permanent, full-time position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Medical Research Organization
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
POSITION TITLE: Development Assistant
SALARY: $50K – $55K
Is This Your Dream Job? Reporting to the Executive Director of Development/ COO, the Development Assistant is the lead administrative contact for all donors, staff members, and additional stakeholders the organization. S/he will work closely with staff members to coordinate events, process donations, and to ensure an organized and welcoming office environment and provide executive-level support to the leadership team. This is an exciting opportunity for goal-oriented, administrative professional seeking to gain experience within a national organization.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 2-3 years of office management, reception, and development experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Passionate about serving underrepresented communities
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite and mail merges;
- comfortable working in a database, preferably Raiser’s Edge
- Advanced written and verbal communications with exceptional attention to detail
- Experience coordinating schedules and events, as well as managing
- Possess a high-level of discretion and positive outlook
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Serve as lead gate-keeper to the office by fielding phone calls from donors, sales representatives, and external contacts; respond to emails in a timely
- Schedule board meetings, prepare meeting documents, and provide high- level administrative support to the Director of Operations, as well as the
- Executive Director of Development
- Process credit card donations by phone and assist in processing acknowledgement letters
- Schedule internal staff appreciation events, as well as external events;
- manage RSVP lists, catering, and volunteers, as needed
- Maintain a well-organized and accurate calendar, manage multiple priorities and work well under pressure
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Development Assistant” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.