Are you a development professional looking for your next opportunity?
Have you worked with Salesforce before?
We are currently in search of a Development Assistant for a Social Services Organization. The position is based in Maywood, IL. This is a full-time, temporary, on-going assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Social Services Organization
LOCATION: Maywood, IL
POSITION TITLE: Development Assistant
DURATION: Temporary, On – Going
SCHEDULE: 15 – 20 hours/week
HOURLY PAY: $16.00 – $18.00/hour
Is This Your Dream Job? The Development Assistant is a newly established position that reports to the Director of Development and Communications. This person is responsible for providing support for the efforts of the Development department, including include Salesforce donor database, research, administrative and event support. This is an in-person role, where strict COVID-19 protocols are in place!
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 2+ years’ experience in fundraising and development
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, may be substituted by experience
- Prior experience with a fundraising software; experience with Salesforce a strong plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required
- Ability to organize, prioritize work and work independently
- Ability to present information concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Excellent interpersonal skills
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Maintain all aspects of development information, tracking and reporting on contributions in Salesforce donor database, including gift entry, updating, adding and maintaining donor, member and prospect constituent records
- Provide administrative support for signature special events (e.g. Gala) including assisting with mailings, phone inquiries, in-kind gift tracking and other clerical duties as designated by the Development Manager, Special Events and the Director of Development
- Perform database maintenance and clean-up projects to improve data integrity and performance
- Maintain electronic and hard-copy filing systems for all development revenue documentation
- Manage the donation and foundation gift acknowledgement process (sending thank you notes, tribute/memorial letters and special processing)
- Assist Director of Development and Development staff with budget reconciliation
- Act as primary point person for all regular and special development department report generation, including mailing lists generation
- Perform mail merges and assist with solicitation and other department mailings
- Post mailings or work with mail house or volunteers to ensure time sensitive mailings are sent
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Development Assistant” in the subject line.