We are currently in search of a Development Director for a National Advocacy Organization. The position is based in Oakland, CA, but with an opportunity to work remotely.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: National Advocacy Organization
LOCATION: Oakland, CA with opportunity to work remotely (100%)
POSITION TITLE: Development Director
SALARY: $100K – $140K
Is This Your Dream Job? Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, you will serve as an essential member of the Leadership team to secure corporate, institutional and individual donations at all levels. You will be actively leading all strategic efforts for partnership building to achieve fundraising goals and have a strong track record in of securing 6- to 7-figure gifts. As the Development Director, you will mentor and supervise a development team within a growing organization to engage the California community and beyond on the importance of trauma recovery and advancing disadvantaged populations impacted by racial disparities.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 5-10+ years of continued development and major gift experience, as well as management and leadership experience; comfortable fundraising for a c3 and c4, ideal
- Bachelor’s Degree required, CFRE preferred; advanced understanding on public safety, trauma recovery, and public health
- Experience working with nonprofit fundraising databases, such as Blackbaud and/or Salesforce
- Entrepreneurial data-minded thinker with an ability to consistently meet fundraising goals, as well as experience building a strategic vision
- Skilled in creating digital marketing campaigns, events, and engaging corporate partnerships
- Comfortable leading/ inspiring a team of development professionals, working collaboratively, and being a strong team player; possess a positive and entrepreneurial mindset
- Outgoing, metrics-driven personality with a solid history of managing relationships and serving as a leader within an organization
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Actively strategize solicitations and secure major gifts from individual, corporate, and foundation donors to successfully meet yearly fundraising goals
- Consistently managing a portfolio of 50+ major gift prospects at all levels in California and across the US, as well as building strong relationships with prospective and current donors
- Lead and mentor Development staff, offering guidance and expertise on fundraising strategy and best practices
- Serve as a liaison to the Board of Directors to present consistent fundraising/organizational updates; manage and track department budget
- Support the long-term tracking goals of the department, as well as the organizations
- Serve as the “face” of the organization and as a direct line of communication for all donors; educate community members on the organization’s current and future programs/ services
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.