Do you have experience in grant writing? Are you interested in helping low-income individuals and families to live a better life?
We are currently in search of a Development Manager for a Social Service nonprofit organization. The position is based in Oakland, CA. This is a permanent, full time position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Social Service Nonprofit
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
POSITION TITLE: Development Manager
- Medical, vision and dental insurance for employees and their dependents
- 403(b) Plan for employees
- Generous paid time off
Is This Your Dream Job? Reporting to the Executive Director you will lead the charge of researching and identifying new sources of funding, many from foundation and corporate giving, while maintaining relationships with previous institutional funders in a growing nonprofit. As the Development Manager, you will be a seasoned grant writer with experience of managing proposals. This is an ideal position for a development leader with experience in the social service sector, seeking to contribute to a collaborative team and working to improve education outcomes in California. This position is based in downtown Oakland.
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Researching funding opportunities and assist in composing proposals for grants ranging from 5-to-6 figures
- Track and report on progress of active grants
- Work with executive Director and the Director of Operations to meet grant deadlines and identify new contracts.
- Manage a portfolio of 12+ grants, contracts, and donations.
- Write all necessary reports for funders and maintain reporting timeline.
- Help in the fundraising strategy and effort; stay-up-to-date with the organization’s mission to educate current, previous, and prospective donors
- Meet tight deadlines and be flexible in adjusting proposals or concepts as needed
- Serve as a right-hand visionary partner to the Executive Director.
- Act as the “face” of the organization to funders and the community at large as needed.
- 3+ years of grant writing experience, specifically with foundation grant reporting and proposals
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Exceptional writing skills and ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Ability to manage a project from start to finish; availability to work nights, weekends, and events as needed
- Knowledge of California’s public education system plus.
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Development Manager” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.