Are you passionate about supporting research for illnesses and providing resources to patients?
Do you have 7+ years of experience securing gifts from individual donors?
We are currently in search of a nonprofit Director, Annual Giving for a Medical Association. The position is based in Silver Spring, MD. This is a Full Time, Permanent assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Medical Association
LOCATION: Silver Spring, MD
POSITION TITLE: Director, Annual Giving
DURATION: Full Time
Is This Your Dream Job? Reporting to the VP of Development, this position is responsible for developing and executing an annual giving program for the association, with a focus on individual giving. The candidate will create short-term and long-term strategy to cultivate and steward individual donors, identifying new prospects and retaining current donors. This candidate will create direct mail and e-communications, attend events and work with the team to identify new development opportunities. They will be excited to bring their fundraising background and enthusiasm to this newly created role. The candidate will be an interpersonal and flexible individual that has a strong sense of independence and is willing to go above and beyond for the development team.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 7+ years of progressive fundraising experience, including managing and growing an annual giving program and direct response to donors
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Strong background in developing a donor base and cultivating relationships
- History securing gifts from $1K – $10K
- Can work independently and manage multiple deadlines, as well as collaborate with a team
- Compassionate, empathetic, proactive, and not afraid of a challenge
- Background in working for a healthcare association a big plus
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Engage and meet with donors, building relationships and stewarding donors
- Develop and implement an annual giving plan, retaining existing donors and cultivating new donors
- Prepare plans and briefs, create direct mail and e-communications
- Collaborate with the development team on fundraising strategy, leading projects and processes
- Build a strong donor pipeline, effectively moving donors to a higher stage of giving
- Attend organization-sponsored events
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not the best fit for you?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Have you heard of GROWTHtrack? Sign up today for this FREE professional development webinar designed for your professional progress at careersinnonprofits.com/growthtrack. Conducted weekly.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.