Are you interested in fast-paced work that makes a meaningful difference in the financial industry?
We are currently in search of a Director of Communications for a Financial Advocacy Nonprofit. The position is based in Washington, DC. This is a full-time, permanent assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Financial Advocacy Nonprofit
LOCATION: Washington, DC
POSITION TITLE: Director of Communications
Annual Salary: $115-120k/annual
Is This Your Dream Job? The Director of Communications will be responsible for deepening and broadening the organization’s reach to media, policy makers, opinion leaders, the public and other influencers. They will manage the daily and long-term media activities as well as rapid response as well as one additional communications employee. The Director will report directly to the President and CEO, be part of the senior leadership team, and work closely with all staff. The Director of Communications will develop and implement a creative, proactive and comprehensive communications strategy across all platforms to engage and inform the public on economic, financial and financial reform issues.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 3-5 years of experience at the Director Level, Bachelor’s degree
- Superior organizational skills as well as ability to be flexibility and adaptable
- Tech-savvy with hands-on experience with website management and social media outlets (Cision and/or Meltwater)
- Ability to think creatively about how to effectively engage the media, the general public, and the legislative, regulatory and policy community
- A highly successful track record in a fast-paced communications environment, including day-to-day communications strategy and tactical implementation and execution of rapid response and longer-term strategic communication planning and evaluation
- Obsessively detail oriented, strong oral communication skills, relationship building and “people” skills
- Experience in economics/finance and/or banking/finance policy is preferred, but not required
- Experience supporting an organization’s development efforts also preferred
- A great sense of humor and a passion for the public interest
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Ownership of the entire communications operations, planning and executing the overall communications strategy that promotes the organization across various media outlets including television, radio and print, and the entire online realm of websites, blogs, wikis, social media and related platforms
- Collaborate with Press Secretary on day-to-day media developments, inquiries and outreach
- Proactively, creatively and quickly identify and respond to breaking and daily news where the organization can impact the news story, public debate, regulator deliberations and policy decisions
- Working with the Development Director and other team members to create, maintain and update the organization’s development and marketing materials
- Tracking communication priorities and accomplishments and measuring the effectiveness of communications activities and efforts.
- Cultivating and maintaining extensive existing media relationships while broadening and expanding them, including with digital media outlets and professionals
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Director of Communications” in the subject line.